Fort Collins is situated 60 miles north of Denver, just 4 miles west of the I-25 corridor. Spring Next Step is hosted in Lory Student Center, right in the center of Colorado State University!
Driving to Campus
- Drive north on I-25 to Prospect Road (exit 268).
- Follow Prospect Road west to South Whitcomb (approximately 4.5 miles, the 2nd traffic signals past College Ave).
- Turn right on South Whitcomb Street and continue straight (you will now be on campus).
- At the second stop sign, W. Pitkin St., turn right.
- Parking for Next Step will be at Braiden Hall, lots 470 or 505.
Parking on Campus
- Session 1 - December 7, 2012: Please park in Lot #425 (Morgan Library). Pick up a parking permit from an Orientation staff member at the entrance to the lot the morning of Orientation. Please note that this is the only lot you can park in to avoid being ticketed. See map for more details.
- Session 2 - January 17, 2013: We suggest parking in lots #470 or #505, which are closest to Braiden Hall (only in lots marked Q, W, X or Z - see map for more details). You do not need a parking permit for these lots on your Orientation day. Please do not park in any lots designated as "A" lots; you will receive a parking ticket in these lots. The north end of lot 505 is designated as A parking. Once parked, we recommend leaving your car parked since all presentations are within a reasonable distance from these lots.
- Metered spaces are available and do require payment. Please note there is a 3 hour time limit on these spaces. Vehicles parked in spaces with an expired meter will be ticketed. Due to time constraints, these spaces are not recommended for Orientation Programs.
- Please note: permits for all areas are required when classes are in session. Student permits may be purchased by the day month or year at University Parking Services, located in the Lake Street Garage (1508 Center Avenue). Call (970) 491-7041 for more information.
- If you are traveling by plane, the best airport to fly into is Denver International Airport (DIA). The trip from DIA to Fort Collins takes approximately 1hr 30min hours by car. Shuttle services are available to bring visitors to campus from DIA. You can contact the shuttle services directly by calling Super Shuttle at (970) 482-0505. Remember: If you need more detailed directions, don't hesitate to call our office at (970) 491-6011.