Juwon A. Melvin
As an entrepreneur, author, speaker, world traveler, and life enthusiast, Juwon enjoys shattering the boundaries of possibilities and inspiring others to achieve more than they ever believed possible.
Juwon grew up in the Montbello neighborhood of Denver, Colorado, narrowly avoided the gangs, drugs, violence and mediocrity that claimed the lives of his childhood friends. After two of his childhood friends we shot and killed, he decided to use his gift of life to create a positive impact. Determined to be a trailblazer and positive example for his younger sister, Juwon became the first person in his family to attend a four-year university and earn a bachelor’s degree.
While in college, Juwon received numerous academic and leadership awards, including the Distinguished First Generation Scholar and Outstanding Junior Leader Award. While studying business in college Juwon spent his summers interning with a major Fortune 500 company. He excelled and was awarded the INROADS Distinguished Intern Award. While the money was good, he wasn’t fulfilled, and knew that he had more to give to the world. There had to be a way to combine his business background with his life experiences to make an impact in the lives of others.
Juwon and his college roommate Aaron Madonna started DreamReel Media in July, 2007. The two started with $1,000 each, and they haven't looked back since! Juwon co-authored his first book while still in college, before graduating in 2008 with a BS in Business Administration. His second book, Help! IDK What I Want to Do With My Life is currently available as an e-book, and will be in print January, 2011.
Currently, Juwon is very busy with the following commitments:
- Contributing to the JuwonSpeaks (http://www.JuwonSpeaks.com) and ThriveOrDie (http://www.ThriveOrDie.com) blogs
- Taking a vacation every month
- Runing a start-up business. LifeSoap Company uses all natural, premium soap to raise awareness of the global clean water crisis, give life, and build community
- Working as the Coordinator for Scholar Support and Key Outreach for his Alma Mater, Colorado State University
- Preparing and planning to break a Guinness World Record in 2011…stay tuned!
As a sought-after guest speaker, Juwon inspires and empowers audiences from across the country. His presentation style is engaging and full of energy! You can expect to learn, reflect, stretch your perceived limitations, grow, and feel fired up to take your life to new heights!
If you have questions, contact Orientation and Transition Programs at
(970) 491-6011 or e-mail Keith Lopez @ firstname.lastname@example.org