As an Orientation and Transition Programs Office Assistant at Colorado State University you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend and fully participate in all Orientation Team training events and activities (see below for comprehensive list of time commitments).
- Know general information pertaining to the eight undergraduate colleges, Intra-University majors and become familiar with the areas in the Division of Student Affairs and the Division of Academic Affairs in order to convey accurate information at all times and assist students and their family members effectively with questions pertaining to the Orientation experience, their transition, and Colorado State University.
- Coordinate and perform office processes such as answering phones, proofing and preparing materials, navigating the reservation system and Orientation and Transition Programs website, composing professional and accurate email correspondence, working with students/families for on-site reservations and problems solving, etc.
- Complete special projects that may require contacting departments/offices on the CSU campus, maintaining organization and timelines, innovating and creating and new elements of projects in preparation for orientation programs.
- Create an excellent customer experience for new students, family members, and guests at all OTP programs.
- Maintain a standard of professionalism in all manners of communication with new students, family members, and guests as well as the professional and support staff, other CSU staff, and any contact outside of the CSU community to which you represent the university and the Orientation and Transition Programs department.
- Perform session preparation which includes, but is not limited to, preparing all student and guest orientation packets, organizing and preparing program check-ins, double checking materials for accuracy, contacting participants, etc.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving any issues that may arise during programming.
- Develop and demonstrate team leadership, responsibility and effective communication skills.