Adult Learner and Veteran Student Track

If you consider yourself an adult learner and/or a veteran student, we have designed a specific track for you!

Not sure if you are an adult learner? Let us help! Adult learner, nontraditional student, adult student, and student over traditional age are terms used interchangeably in reference to students who have one or more of the following characteristics:

  • One or more children or other dependents
  • Working part-time or full-time to pay for college tuition and related expenses
  • Stopped out of school for an extended period of time
  • Married, partnered, single, divorced or widowed
  • Military background – veteran, reservist, active duty, national guard
  • Caring for an elderly parent or relative
  • Homeless or on the brink of becoming homeless
  • Transferred from a two year or four year institution
  • May or may not be over the age of a typical college student (18-22 yrs)

If you believe you fall into one of these categories or simply think this term applies to you, we suggest signing up for the adult learner/veteran student track at Ram Orientation. The office of Adult Learner and Veteran Services will present vital information about what it means to be an adult learner and/or a veteran student starting at CSU and introduce you to the resources we have on campus to support your educational endeavors.

If you have questions about the adult learner/veteran student track, call our office at (970) 491-6011 or email and we will help you decide which track is right for you!